The CRF is a valuable resource for cleantech/tech companies, providing companies with access to faculty and direct access to training and self-use of specialized instruments, in addition to research testing services:
- Biomolecular Characterization Lab (BCL)(mass spectroscopy, chromatography, biomolecular interactions & analysis, NextGen Sequencing, gene expression & more)
- Material Characterization Lab (MCL)(surface analysis, spectroscopy, microscopy, NMR & mass spectroscopy & more)
- NanoFabrication Laboratory (NFL) (deposition, etching, nano-lithography, metrology & more)
- Thermal & Mechanical Properties (TMP) (thermal analysis, tensile testing)
- Radiation (RAD) (Gamma & Reactor Neutron Facilities)
- Other non-CRF resources are available
- Connection to TURI (Toxic Use Reduction Institute)
Did you know that as a member of ACTION, you receive up to a 23% discount on the usual cost of accessing CRF assets? Save more when you hire a UMass Lowell Co-op to train in CRF. Don’t miss the tours of this impressive state-of-the -art, LEED Gold facility!
8:30-9:00AM Registration and Welcome
9:00-9:30AM Lab Directors present
9:30-10:00AM Tour of the Core Research Facilities
10:15-11:00AM Optional tours of the Innovation Hub (meet startup companies) and NERVE Center
Free parking is available in the Riverside Commuter Lot, Riverside Street (entrance on Sparks St). ETIC is a short walk down Riverside Street. Take a left at University Avenue. The ETIC building is the 3rd building on the right. See campus map.
In Boston with no car? The commuter rail from N. Station will get you to Lowell! Cab fares anywhere within Lowell are around $5.00.