In celebration of our new partnership with the UMass Lowell’s Core Research Facilities (CRF), ACTION and CRF invite you to a technology exchange and tour of the Core Research Facilities. The CRF is a valuable resource for cleantech companies , providing cleantech companies with access to faculty and direct access to research and testing services and specialized instrumentation, such as the:
- NERVE Center (robotic testing courses and apparatus)
- Nanofabrication Laboratory (including Level 100, 1,000 and 10,000 clean rooms)
- Material Characterization Lab (analytical services, sample prep, instrument, NMR (liquid state) use & training)
- Mechanical and Physical Properties Lab including thermal analysis and mechanical testing equipment
- Plastics Processing Lab including extruders
Faculty will present posters of their ongoing research and lab managers will highlight technical capabilities of the laboratories. Cleantech startups are invited to bring posters about their technologies in a shared poster session exchange at the new Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center (ETIC). Don’t miss the tours of this impressive state-of-the -art, LEED Gold facility!
Free parking is available in the Riverside Commuter Lot, Riverside Street (entrance on Sparks St). ETIC is a short walk down Riverside Street. Take a left at University Avenue. The ETIC building is the 3rd building on the right. See campus map.